Listen To Your Coaching Clients
They will tell you all about The Power of You.
Are you making this one big mistake? Are you listening to your customers… really listening. Listening is a powerful skill that one must exercise especially in a coaching session.
When the intention of listening is pure and simple to understand the other person’s feelings, without judgment and with compassion guide them towards their outcome. This is what is called deep listening and being present in the conversation so that insightful breakthroughs can come up for your coaching client.
Coaches must practice this skill in order to help their coachees in the direction that they would like to go. Listening to their gut feeling oftentimes will enable them to know what best intuitive tool they can use with their coachee clients.
Another listening technique is to truly listen to what hasn’t been said in the coaching conversation meaning it is possible that your coachee is too scared to fully open up and dive deep into their insecurities and fears.
This is why it’s important to listen with your ears but also listen with your heart and ask the correct questions in order to empower your coachee to open up and express their true desires. However, don’t be overwhelmed with the need to ask too many questions because the beauty is in the silent space between you and the person you are engaging in a conversation with.
What Exactly can you do to better listen to your clients?
- BE fully present at the moment.
- Meditate for short while before your coaching call.
- Go for a walk in nature or do something fun and cheerful.
- When you start your coaching session focus entirely on the person in front of you and leave all your personal life behind.
- TIPS for Empaths: Grounding and breathing exercises are very important to keep your focused attention on the person you are talking to and don’t feel the energies around you. Here are 2 tips I recently heard from Evercoach Master Ajit Nawalkha.
- Tip #1: Do your coaching sessions without shoes. When your feet are on the ground you can channel your energy much faster.
- Tip #2: Another idea is to do your coaching session while in nature or walking along the beach barefoot and with your feet in the water.
In a coaching session using your powers of empathy instead of sympathy is what is going to allow your clients to let go and open up. Just letting them know that you are there for them and understand their situation but not in a way that you feel sorry for their situation.
Deep listening is an incredible tool that all of us need to have in our coaching arsenal. Not only listening to others in meaningful conversations but also listening to ourselves. Truly listening to our thoughts and just allowing any thoughts to unfold.
When was the last time that you listened to your thoughts?
I would recommend you take yourself into nature, maybe the beach next to you, and sit down in front of the ocean and listen. Listen to the sounds around you and the thoughts inside of you and just BE. Be present in the moment. Feel the sand touching your toes. Hear the waves crashing and notice everything around and within you.
Quiet now! To deeply listen, you must abstract from the inner chatter that occurs in your mind and notice the smallest things in and around YOU.
What do you hear? What is your mind telling you? How does it feel?
Just BE. Are you listening to your inner voice soothing you, comforting you? That gorgeous child inside of you is finally being heard.
Let me know in the comments what has come up for you from this exercise.