Trick your mind and challenge yourself on a daily basis even though it is uncomfortable.
Your mind will do everything in its power to keep you safe, not taking risks and keeping you swinging in your “safety net” for as long as possible unless you tame it and shift your path.
An event happens in your life that leads to you allowing your mind to create thoughts around it. The thoughts you formulate in your mind are going to question that event you’ve been through. In turn, those thoughts determine how you will feel and how you’re going to act. This is why is crucial to investigate and question any thoughts have are driving us toward painful moments.
And your constant self-talk and fearful emotions are not allowing you to see how you can have a better life. But instead, all these thoughts and emotions are dragging you deep into despair and hurting you even more.
Steps you can take today to start a Mind Revolution within yourself and trick your mind:
I would like you to grab your journal and start writing the answers that come up for you when you do this exercise. I know it will feel different than having a coach guiding you through these questions but I also know that you can start here and discover some insights and ideas that you might be disregarding.
I ask you to not overthink this process and just go with the flow. The trick is to hack into your mind and challenge other avenues that have been buried deep inside of you for so long. No internal judgment or being too hard on yourself. The first thing that comes up when you answer these questions is enough for now. You can revisit them later.
“There are those who say that seeing is believing. I am telling you that believing is seeing.” ~ Neale Donald Walsch
Identify the Limiting Belief (or the inner self-talk B.S you’re telling yourself):
- What is holding you back?
- What is the “old story” you are telling yourself or swirls in your mind on a regular basis?
- What am I constantly thinking that is not serving me anymore?
- What emotions are coming up for you?
- Where in my body I am feeling this emotion?
“You can’t escape from a prison until you recognize you are in one. People who have chosen to live within the limits of their old beliefs continue to have the same experiences. It takes effort and commitment to break old patterns” ~ Bob Proctor
Peel off the layers of your “Inner Story” and dive deep into the true feeling you’re experiencing:
- What is the pattern in your life that you are repeating and living?
- What does this pattern remind you of?
- How is it serving you right now?
- What is stopping you from breaking this pattern?
“There is one grand lie – that we are limited. The only limits we have are the limits we believe.” ~ Wayne Dyer
Reframe your B.S story and choose a better one:
The words you say to yourself on a daily basis are a “blueprint” to your mind. I like to call this phase the start of your “Mind Revolution“.
- Imagine your life 3 years from now, exactly as you wanted it to be… What does that look like? Who are you surrounded by? What are you doing? What are you experiencing?
- What empowering beliefs are you going to adopt?
- Who are you becoming?
- What did you learn from this event that was holding you back?
“We learn our belief systems as very little children, and then we move through life creating experiences to match our beliefs. Look back in your own life and notice how often you have gone through the same experience.” ~ Louise Hay
Outline a simple action plan and take inspired action towards what you really need:
After asking yourself all these powerful questions and if you’ve had insightful breakthroughs throughout your deep answers, it is important that you don’t just think about it. Instead, take small steps toward achieving what you really want to happen in your life. Start with little steps which are going to motivate you to build the resilience to do more.
- What is a small action step you can take towards your big dream?
- What actions will you take and by when?
- Who can support you on this new journey?
- What can you try that you haven’t tried before?
- How will you hold yourself accountable?
- What can you let go of today that will get you closer to what you want?
Find a comfortable place where you won’t be interrupted to do this exercise “4 Hacks to Trick Your Mind”. I recommend you start with a short meditation practice to ground yourself and feel relaxed to explore what will come up.
What can you do today in order to trick your mind and challenge yourself? What is something you are telling yourself on a daily basis that you can’t do, can’t have, or are not worthy of?
Let us know in the comments below and let’s keep an open discussion. Whenever you want to have further support in whatever transition you have in your life, I would love to have a conversation with you.